Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rainy day

Today was a spur-of-the-moment day off - my floating holiday for the year. Our early Thursday morning Bible study was meeting at Glenna's house, a turn-of-the-nineteenth-century (how odd, to have to specify which century) Victorian at the top of a small hill. Breakfast was marvelous, and we had the opportunity to taste three of the breads Glenna has developed for a company that is testing a new type of bread maker. The recipes are specifically gluten-free, and most are dairy-free as well. Scrumptious is the only way to describe the cranberry/orange, cinnamon pecan and Mediterranean breads (I did sample them all!).

By the time I left her home just before eight, it was drizzling. The drizzle turned into an all day soaker, with periodic short but torrential downpours. It seems to be pretty windy as well; I haven't stuck my nose out the door since returning home except to bring in the mail. The day's been spent puttering away on the Watumishi quilt. If I were less tired, I'd put the final two borders on and miter the corners yet tonight. Sunday afternoon a horde of college students is descending on my home to finish it up, so I do need to have my part done. Although it was a good thing I wasn't as efficient as I planned; on Tuesday a very nice young man stopped in my office with one more square for the quilt. Had I done everything I should have last weekend, I would have had to do a great deal of ripping to get it in. So - hurrah for procrastination, at least in this case!

I plan to put my feet up and journal for a bit, maybe have a glass of wine if I can stay awake long enough to drink it. Tomorrow is a work day, but at least it is Friday.

No comments: