Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Speedy Dreams

I was driving a silver-grey ragtop "69 Corvette along a flat road, through a series of tight s-curves, having a whole lot of fun. All I knew for certain was that I was on my way to Antioch, and needed to get there in a hurry. But I was hungry, and the map showed a little town called Christian was next up. I'd stop for lunch.

The little alleyway looked as if it led to a parking lot, but the lot was full, with no place to turn around. I had to back, turn, back, turn multiple times to get the car turned around (dreams do bring in elements of real life, don't they). When the car was finally turned, a handicapped van with the side doors open and ramp down blocked my way. Somehow, I managed to squeeze past. Forget the food; time to get going...

Bits and pieces of this make sense. Before bed, I was reading parts of chapters 18 and 19 of Act, hence the Antioch (what, was I going with Paul on his third missionary journey?) and Christian (it was at Antioch they were first called Christians...). The car belonged to a friend of mine. While I never drove that particular car, he also had a '90 'Vette that I had out on the highway... fun to drive, but I'm really too short to see well out the windshield. Sitting on a cushion would kind of ruin the cool factor. Between Spring Green and Prairie du Sac there is a nice little twisty road that is fun to drive, but I haven't been out there, nor thought of it, in quite a while.

Not sure what it means, or if it is just the result of the couple of cookies I ate before bed. It's left me, however, with a yen for a fast car and the open road.

No comments: