Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Finally Friday Wednesday

It has been a rather tumultuous week couple of days at the great sandbox. It began with a well-meaning colleague making my life miserable, and progressed through hurried rewordings and reviewers who didn't bother telling anyone they were done. Glad it's almost over.

Good stuff/God stuff - Ever hear that little voice that whispers, "Why don't you do so-and-so?"

No, no - the good voice that says those things. The one that tells you to call a friend you haven't talked to in ages, who, when you call, you find really, really needs someone to talk to. The voice that, if you listen and follow through, always leads you to unexpected joys.

A series of circumstances God-prompted events happened yesterday simply because I followed through on what that little voice said. The exact events aren't really important; it's enough to know that in that obedience, several people were blessed.

Cookie-baking commences tonight for the Jingle Mingle (official name for the women's Christmas event). I can't mess things up too badly if I simply mix up the dough, can I? Two of the three recipes I'm using require the dough to be refrigerated. Mixing them tonight means I can bake a few pans of them during/after the pie I need to make tomorrow. T-day dinner is late - should be able to bake at least four or five dozen before I leave.

Speaking of leaving - the landlords are going out of town tomorrow. Did I mention it's supposed to snow - 1 to 3 inches? Every.single.time they go out of town.

Better get back to work. Bubrick's came and sort of fixed the things wrong with my furniture. They replaced the top surface that was chipped, but still have to reorder the other two doors for the hutch. It's a good thing they are coming back; they ran the power cord for the hutch task lighting onto the desktop and down through one of the pre-drilled cord access holes. I saw it before they left, but assumed I could unplug it, run it up back through the hole, then run it under the tack board back where it belongs. Silly me - the plug end is 1/8" too big to fit under the tack board - the hutch needs to be unscrewed and lifted off for this to happen (which should have been taken care of when they reinstalled the hutch after putting in the new desktop - it was correct before they started working)

No comments: