Friday, October 12, 2007

Week's end

At long last it's Friday, and....

excuse me a second.

::A-a-a-a-CHOO! sniffle snort honk::

A good two hours this afternoon were spent moving, sorting and pitching in the shredding bin the old, musty records from my office. It's amazing how dusty things get when they haven't been moved in a couple of years. There really wasn't all that much; the time it took to go through everything was extended by my insistence in taking things out of the report covers, so the covers can be reused.

Yeah, I may be the only one in the office who does that. But hey! I'm getting new furniture, which is a bit more expensive than new report covers.

The two four drawer files, the overhead compartment on the hutch and my actual desk remain to be cleaned. The Great Furniture Removal and Replacement is scheduled to take place this coming Thursday; plenty of time. I know for a fact that the equivalent of one four drawer file will end up in the shredding bins. The rest of the stuff consists of historical records that I'm not necessarily comfortable putting in the great wasteland known as our basement storage room. I have about twenty years' worth of federal loan program annual filings, some of which only exist in paper copy. Pretty impressive, considering I've only been with the company for ten years.

I'll try to remember to take a "before" picture (all the old stuff I cleaned out today was either under the back table, or on top of one of the file cabinets, so even after clearing it out, the picture will be fairly representative of how the hole office usually looks).

Then - woo hoo! - a picture of the "after". I may have to buy some new pencil leads to celebrate.

The weekend looks to be pretty calm, now that I'm not going to go into the office tomorrow to clean. In fact, I have no concrete plans at all, other than my usual early-morning excursion to Panera to try to catch up on some of the Bible studies I'm working on. The house is clean enough to need only a quick vacuum and dust. I have a Cornish hen to make for dinner tomorrow night, a couple of movies to watch, and a book or two to pick up at the library. Can't get much better than that. I may find time to put up a couple of posts I've been thinking about...then again, I may not. In the meantime, you all have a great weekend!

No comments: