Thursday, January 18, 2007

Living in a fantasy world

UNICORNS!!

And such things, because this week’s Axis of Weevil Thursday Three (America’s Most Popular Thing!) is all about fantasy and flights of fancy and falderal such as that! Why? I have no idea, other than the fact that I can’t remember asking questions like this before.

So then, take a moment and take leave of your senses and ponder these three questions about all sorts of made-up things!

1) Of the fictional sorts of outlandish made-up places you’ve ever seen in the movies or read about, which one would you most like to live in, and why? Anne of Green Gables' world seems appealing right now - simpler times, more hard physical work just to do everyday things, but a stronger sense of community.

2) If you were a cartoon character, which cartoon character would you most like to be married to? Popeye, provided we received a case of breath mints as a wedding gift (Spinach-breath is not exactly a turn-on).

3) Which would you rather have right now--flying cars, or robot servants? Well, duh - robot servants (I'd want more than one). I echo Terry's comments about the likelihood of mid-air accidents if we had flying cars, with the added hazard of falling debris. I'd like my robot right now, please, and would like the house clean before I get home from work.

No comments: