Monday, June 05, 2006

Condiment conundrum

As I tossed out the second half-used bottle of cocktail sauce (expiration date 2/2004: don't ask), I wondered just exactly why I felt I had to have several different choices of each condiment. Did I really think a guest would storm out if I didn't have their particular favorite brand of chili sauce on hand?

So, I have a poll for all 1.58 of my regular readers. Help me pare down the condiment shelf by letting me know what your favorite condiments are - flavor, brand, recipe if homemade and how you use them. I can't promise to have them on hand should you visit, but I'll give them a try if they are available here.

Ketchup
Chili sauce
Salad dressings
Mayonnaise/miracle whip type spreads
Cocktail sauce
Mustard
Horseradish
barbecue sauce (specify whether you mean Southern or Northern-type BBQ sauce!)
Marinades - for meat or other
Jellies/preserves/spreadable fruit
Soy sauce
Teriyaki sauce
Cooking wines (I have enough different types to stock my own bar - is there a way to pare this down?)
Maple syrup (real or fake? I have both...)
Molly McButter
Bacon bits/imitation bacon bits
Parmesan cheese
Lemon/lime juice
Anything I may be missing

Thanks!

No comments: