Saturday, December 10, 2005

What I know.

Ginosko - New Testament Greek, to know, as defined above.
I know -
  1. I am a sinner - incapable of keeping God's laws.
  2. Sin has broken the relationship I had with God, for God is absolutely holy and cannot stand sin.
  3. Nothing I can do on my own will ever pay the penalty for my sins, or make me good enough to have a restored relationship with God.
  4. God loved me anyway, so much so that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross to pay the penalty I owed for my sins.
  5. By admitting to God that I am a sinner, believing in the work Jesus did on the cross to pay the penalty for those sins and asking Him to come into my life to be my Lord, I have been freed from the penalty of sin, released from the power of sin, and, one day, I will be removed from the very presence of sin.

These are the things I know and believe in, so much so that I am staking my eternal life on them, and I work to live my life here on earth in light of them.

This blog is meant to chronicle the outworking of my faith. Some posts may be intensely spiritual; some may be extremely shallow. But all are part of me, as I seek to...

"...walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might..."
Col 1:10-11 (NASB)

No comments: