Sunday, March 11, 2018

Lists Day Ten: Movies to Watch

Once again, my head exploded when I saw the prompt for today. There are so many movies out there, from excellent down to oh-so-teerible-but-a-guilty-pleasure, it is difficult to narrow down.

Rather, here are a few that are currently in my Netflix or other streaming service queues:

The African Queen - such a sweet, sweet love story. Not to mention Katherine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart.

The Sixth Sense - Truly creepy. It is extremely difficult to surprise me, given how old I am and how many books and movies I've been through, but the twist in this movie did. I think I figured it out half a second before it was revealed.

While You Were Sleeping - Guilty pleasure. This is my feel-good movie choice, even though the entire movie is built on one character lying (or rather letting a misconception stand).

Independence Day - I have a thing for Bill Pullman, so shoot me. Funny, scary, and a young Adam Baldwin: what's not to like?

Air Force One - Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman. A President who literally kicks ass. Not to mention a White House secretary who saves the day by realizing the fax machines would still work.

The Chronicles of Riddick - Yeah, Vin Diesel. Judi Dench. Lots of special effects. This falls in the "guilty pleasure" category.

Honestly, I promise I've seen more recent movies than these. But I tend to be doing other things while a movie is running, and often barely remember the plot, much less the actual title. I also almost never go to the movie theater (the upcoming release of Ready Player One may get me out of the house, though), but wait for things to come to streaming services. By the time that happens, I may well have forgotten what it was I wanted to see.

There are, of course, the series of movies...I own both the entire Lord of the Rings set (including the Hobbit movies) and all of the first six Star Wars films (come to think of it, I've only seen the first of the reboots...need to start moving on that). Harry Potter (minus the very last disk...it went walkabout and I've yet to find it) are also in my personal library.

What's your favorite movie?

No comments: