Friday, January 04, 2013

Cover me, I'm going in *updated*

It's that time - I need to renew my driver's license. They've made some changes to procedures and times during the ten years since I last had to renew (Wisconsin went through a phase where they issued stickers good for ten years when you renewed - not their brightest moment).

I'm taking the Kindle to ward off boredom. Maybe being prepared for a long wait means the line will be short?

Here's hoping.

For a while there, I thought I'd been dropped into an alternate reality. The office opened on time, the clerks were pleasant, and the process so quick I never did need to sit down to wait for anything. In fact, I had put a load of clothes in the dryer before I left, and even with a detour to McDonald's on the way home from the DMV, they weren't yet dry when I got home.

The other patrons at the DMV, however...let's just hope they aren't as aggressive on the road as they were lining up outside the doors just before the center opened.

No comments: