Friday, July 13, 2007

Home, home on the range

Did I ever actually tell anyone that I really was getting a new range after all that? It was delivered today (whoo hoo - able to take off at noon on a gorgeous Friday) and is currently baking off the oils and such they protect things with for delivery.

It smells almost as bad as when I seasoned my cast iron pan (which is another story), but it will pass.

This is the basic model, but the features are a little different (the one I have does not have the Sabbath mode, so I won't be converting to Judaism soon). The kitchen looks bigger, simply because the oven door is bisque, rather than the black glass of the old one. It looks as if the oven is smaller than the old one (don't ask me about cubic feet - no clue there), but will still hold a nice-sized turkey.

Time to test it out...

No comments: