Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Holding pattern

I have two big projects to finish before I leave work next week Friday (for two weeks' vacation - yeah!): one is currently in someone else's office for review, the other is stalled due to circumstances utterly beyond my control, or my ability to change things. Our office Christmas party is tomorrow afternoon, so I'm already missing half a day this week - getting everything done is going to be a treat.

If there is a bright side, it is that I can work on catching up on everything else that has been piling up while I work on the projects. My hope was that Santa's elves would have some time on their hands after Christmas, and stop in my office to do some cleaning while I'm on vacation. I've been advised that that is against their union rules: apparently cleaning falls several grades below their technical skills grade. Who knew?

No comments: