Well! What do ya do? I suggested the three was finished with finals and already headed home. Not good enough, so here goes with the best/worst edition of the three. You can answer the best or the worst or both—or not at all I guess.
Any way here it is:
1. Best/worst Christmas/holiday party you have attended?
2. Best/worst religious Christmas/holiday activity.
3. Best/worst gift--given or received?
1. A dear friend hosted a New Year's party for a number of years - she is the type of hostess who makes everything look effortless, makes everyone feel at home and makes sure we all have fun. I miss those parties. Work parties are generally awkward (ours is this afternoon), not exactly terrible, but not great, either.
2. I always loved the big, music-filled service the Sunday before Christmas. (I didn't like the rehearsals for the service, though). Things have been a bit different the last couple of years, and I'm finding I'm pleasure in less complicated things.
3. The worst gift received: An electric pencil sharpener from my mom, back when I was in college. I thought it was a joke when I saw the box...no such luck. Best given - theater tickets for my nieces - a number of times. The tickets came with lunch/dinner with Aunt Di (and a ticket for her!). Hey - I needed an excuse to see some of the cute children's programs our local theater performs.