Thursday, February 23, 2006

T3 time management edition

Thanks to Skinnydan for the questions for this weeks Thursday Three:

1) Are you the sort of person that's always late, always early, always right on time?

I am one of those annoying people who are ten minutes early for everything. I've learned to take a book to read or something to do while I wait, since the rest of the world seems to run ten minutes behind. I get through a lot of books that way.

2) Is that true all the time, or are there things that will make you change your normal patterns (e.g. you're always early, but get to the dentist late)?

Pretty much all the time, unless I announce my intention of being late ahead of time...and even then my version of late is to show up at exactly the appointed hour. It's a sickness, I know.

3) How good are your time management skills? Do you know exactly how much time you have, or do you look up at the clock & realize three hours have somehow disappeared?

Several years ago I quit wearing a watch. Most public buildings have clocks somewhere, and at work both the computer and the phone sport digital clocks (which never agree with each other, BTW). Most of the time I've a pretty accurate sense of time that has passed. The exception is if I'm deeply involved in a project - at home or at work - that I am enjoying and making good progress on. Then I lose hours.

No comments: