Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Lists Day Thirteen: Feel Good Songs

On my ipod, there is a playlist called "Happy". It's a listing of songs that either make me feel good, or that I just like, regardless of whether or not the lyrics are particularly uplifting. Here is a sample:

-Tennesse Flat-Top Box, Johnny Cash
- He Will Rejoice - Trevor Morgan (Glory Revealed compilation disc)
- Boot Scootin' Boogie, Brooks & Dunn
- Choices, George Jones
- Mansion Over the Hillop, Ricky Van Shelton
- Hello, I'm Gone, Trisha Yearwood
- I Want to Be Loved Like That, Shenandoah
- Glorious Day, Casting Crowns
- I'm Alright, Terri clark
- My Kind of Woman, My Kind of Man, Vince Gill
- Travelin' Soldier, Dixie Chicks
- Move, Third Day (in fact, the entire Move disc)
- Shine, Newsboys
- By Your Side, Tenth Avenue North
- Jacob's Well, Nicole Sponberg
- Sunday in the South, Shenandoah
- The Road Not Taken, Shenandoah
- One More Last Chance, Vince Gill
- The Love of God, MercyMe
- Turn Your Radio On, Randy Travis
- Where Your Road Leads, Trisha Yearwood with Garth Brooks
- Word of God Speak, MercyMe
- The Motions, Matthew West
- I Meant Every Word He Said, Ricky Van Shelton
- Sweet Georgia Girls, Mac Powell
- White Trash Wedding, Dixie Chicks
- There is Power in the Blood, Selah
- The One on  the Right is on the Left, Johnny Cash
- I Still Miss Someone, Johnny Cash
- Meet in the Middle, Diamond Rio
- I Feel Lucky, Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Christ is Risen, Matt Maher
- Who am I, Casting Crowns
- Trust in You, Jeremy Camp
- Mighty is the Power of the Cross, Chris Tomlin


As you can see, it's been a while since I've added much new music to the list. There are 177 songs on this playlist, pretty much all either country or some form of contemporary Christian. There are, in fact, several full discs on the list (most of what I have from Third Day, the excellent Glory Revealed and Glory Revealed II (every song is scripture, sung by artists from all over the Christian music spectrum), and most of Shenandoah's stuff (sadly, after a legal squabble over the band's name, they broke up)).

It's stuff that is very familiar, that I can sing along with without having to think much. And it makes me feel happy.

You can't ask for more than that.






No comments: