Saturday, July 22, 2017

#24in48 post two

So yeah, not so much with the nonfiction. A couple of weeks ago, I started rereading Larry Correia's excellent Monster Hunter International series. It's urban fantasy at its best - inventive villians, brave, if slightly unlikely heros, lots of guns and things that go boom. Perfect summer reading.

The reread was prompted by a recent read of two books set in the Monster Hunter universe, but co-written by John Ringo and Larry Correia. Fun reads, both of them.

What I didn't know until this morning, when I finished the fourth book in the series, and went to pull up the fifth (MH:Nemesis above) is that the sixth book is due out...on August 1st. Hurrah! My preorder is in.

Tomorrow I'll switch over to the nonfiction, both of which are actually paper books, rather than pixels in the kindle.

Time read to date: Roughly four hours.

No comments: