Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pass the ::YAWN:: coffee

As a general rule, I'm a sleeping champ. It takes less than ten minutes to fall asleep. The obligatory middle-of-the-night call of nature wakes me enough to do what's needed, but falling back to sleep afterwards is almost never an issue.

Except when it is.

Like last night.

After getting up at about 2:30, I simply could not return to dreamland. My mind wasn't racing, I wasn't particularly uncomfortable, I just could not sleep. Just before 3:30, I gave up and got out of bed.

Now, of course, I could nod off in a heartbeat. Closing my office door and doing so is very tempting. I'm functional, as long as I'm only doing one thing at a time with no distractions. You know, like needing to breathe.

The coffee situation this morning hasn't helped. My wonderful stainless steel travel mug will overflow when the lid is put on if it is filled to the mark the coffee shop people like to use. Therefore, I ask for a little room for cream, to keep coffee out of my lap (they will not - by corporate decree - put the lid on your personal travel mug; you need to do it yourself).

The clerk handed the coffee to me, and I almost asked, "Where's the coffee?" I finally found it, more than three inches below the high water mark, a paltry half a mug of coffee.

That I paid a full mug's price for.

I asked her to fix it, but she still left more than an inch off the top. Methinks I will mark my fill line with Sharpie, to avoid early morning, pre-coffee confusion like this. Granted, I was grumpy from lack of sleep, but this clerk has been waiting on me for the last month...

Grumble, grumble. I need an attitude adjustment, the kind that comes from eight hours of blissful, uninterrupted sleep.

1 comment:

lyka said...

hi everyone.. i would like to share this link https://www.gearbubble.com/gbstore/discountstore you can find something here that you can might get interested which is perfect gift to your love ones.. God Bless...