Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A shameless plug to sell raffle tickets

Sigh. I should have known I wouldn't escape.

Last month, since no one introduced the new girl (me) at the quilt guild, I thought I'd escape the job of selling tickets for the raffle quilt being given away at the quilt show in October.

No such luck.

The raffle quilt lady was on me almost before I got my foot in the door last night.

The quilt - I will try to remember to scan the picture and post it here tonight - is a 90 x 90", very traditional looking pinwheel quilt. It's scrappy (not all coordinated colors, but a wide variety) with an off white background. I can't tell from the picture what the quilting itself looks like, but I believe it was quilted by a member who has a long arm quilting machine, so I believe it is quilted in an all over pattern.

If anyone wants to buy tickets, I'm willing to ship the quilt if you win. Groundrules:

1. Tickets are $1 each, or $5 for six. I must have payment in hand by 10/14. or I will buy the ticket and if it wins, the quilt belongs to me.

2. If you buy tickets, the stubs will go in to the drawing with my name and address (so as not to freak out the raffle quilt committee, who might otherwise think the guild is responsible for shipping), but I will email you scans of "your" stubs so you know your ticket numbers.

3. I'll send out notice of the winning number to anyone who buys tickets, preferably from a guild source, to keep things on the up and up.

I only have 24 tickets, so really, I could spend the $20 and buy them all myself. I don't exactly need another quilt, though.

This would be something that you could throw over a bed (it's almost, but not quite, big enough for a queen sized bed), use as a cuddle quilt, use for a picnic blanket. Or, for that matter, hand on a wall.

Leave your email in the comments, and I'll get in contact with you.

//done with shameless sales pitch//

No comments: