Friday, December 18, 2015

Writing less as a result of Holidailies

We're more than halfway through the month, and I continue to fail spectacularly at putting up a post per day. Eh, too late to try to catch up now.

The lack of desire to write may well continue, as in fifteen minutes or so the Grand Winter Break begins for me. Two weeks of time off from work, though not time not working, if you get my drift.

The other "work" begins on the way home, as I stop to finally collect the glasses ordered well over a month ago. They should be purple, I think. Over the last several weeks I've had a bit of eye trouble, primarily, I believe, due to overuse and too much time on various screens. The plan is to wear the new glasses for the next two days, rather than contacts, to let my eyeballs get a rest from the contacts (and just possibly because it's easier to take quick naps if you don't have to go through the hassle of taking out/putting in contacts).

Lots on the "vacation" list, from catching up on quilting to painting a little bookcase the previous condo owners left in the basement. Filling the freezer with good things to eat. Completely emptying the Great Laundry Basket of Papers and Miscellaneous Things Without a Home. Putting together a huge donation for Easter Seals.

Breathing.

Sleeping late.

Taking an afternoon to do nothing at all.

Not as easy as it sounds.

No comments: