Monday, May 11, 2015

At long last, March Reads

After pulling ahead of my two book per month goal in February, I slacked off in March. To be honest, I'm not sure if this books belongs in the Do-It-Yourself section, or Unintentional Humor.

DIY: 365 Days of DIY: A Collection of DIY, DIY Household Hacks, DIY Cleaning and Organizing, DIY Projects, and More DIY Tips to Make Your Life Easier (With Over 45 DIY Christmas Gift Ideas), White Lemon. Okay, with a title (titles) like that, who could resist? There are some helpful hints in categories including household, parenting, crafts, kitchen, cleaning, organizing and beauty. But there is also a lot of very...creative...use of the English language.

It's not so much that the writer sounds as if English is not her native tongue, but more that the sentences are a bit garbled. I had to read a number of hints several times in order to figure out exactly what she was getting at.

Still, I did highlight about two dozen hints, before the style started getting to me. Most of them seem to involve magnets, in one way or another.

Good thing I picked this up for free.

No comments: