Sunday, February 24, 2013

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

You'd think going to Orlando in February for a conference would be a good thing...well, the conference was very good, but the travel...


  • Long delay on the flight to Orlando (but at least it wasn't cancelled).
  • Boarded the plane to Chicago for the first leg home, only to be told O'Hare closed for weather (but rather than the projected three hours, they reopened in under an hour).
  • The gate for the flight from Chicago to Milwaukee couldn't have been harder to find, nor further from where we landed (but in spite of the Orlando delay, there was plenty of time to make it).
  • It took well over an hour to de-ice the tiny little plane that would fly the final leg of the trip (but at least it's only seventeen minutes air time from Chicago to Milwaukee).
Did I mention we had four inches of snow while I was gone, and my car was parked on the roof of the parking structure? Some sweet friends, who sometimes take their date nights and go to the airport to people and plane watch, brushed off my car before I got home. That was the best part of the whole trip.

At heart, I think I'm a homebody. While I can be fairly patient when traveling, and enjoy the time I spend away, there really is no place like home.


No comments: