Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Mid week

On the way to my condo. It's going to be a short fall;
this tree lost a quarter of its leaves overnight. Most of
the rest of the trees in the complex are just starting
to turn. For the curious, while that is not my building,
mine is a duplicate of this. Front door, four small windows,
then the brick wall fronting the patio.
It takes about as long to get a picture off of my phone as it's taking Congress to pass a budget during this administration. Honestly, I e-mailed myself a picture from the phone on Thursday evening, and it finally showed up in my e-mail box about dinner time on Saturday. I've sent myself three separate e-mails, in three different ways, of a pretty photo off of the phone. Maybe it will be here in time to put in this post, maybe not.

(Naturally, as I finished that sentence, the e-mail notification pinged, and the picture is here. Grrr)

As you can see, pretty colors. The ride out to the quilt shop over the next few days should be glorious, at least the portion on the county highway rather than the bit on the interstate. The county highway, however, is the one that has three recently added roundabouts, and added attention to your driving.

I hadn't intended to spend most of the day at home, but it's worked out that way. Out to Starbucks for coffee and a session of the theology lectures I'm working through, plus an hour or so cruising through one of Kathy Reichs' Temperance Brennan books (the series Bones was based on the books, not the other way around). Then home for lunch. I spent most of the early afternoon ironing and pulling fabric for the quilt class. I'm not sure I have enough fabric, and I generally don't like the selection this quilt shop has on hand. We'll see if we really need as much fabric as the quilt teacher expects...my past experience says there is no way we will use that much fabric, even in a three day workshop.

Checked the work e-mail in order to send off something for month end. Geez, do people not read anymore? For the second time in a week, a coworker apparently didn't read my e-mail beyond the first sentence (and it was pretty brief), insisting she already gave me what I was asking for. No, she didn't. Should never have started clearing out the in box; it only made my blood pressure rise.

Speaking of blood pressure, I intend to stay far away from the debates tonight. In fact, I may take myself out for coffee to avoid the television completely. It won't change my mind, and the media circus analysis will make me crazy. Our law school's latest poll claims Obama is leading by 11 points in Wisconsin; I think they only polled the professors on campus.f

Back to sorting fabric and putting things together for tomorrow night. The class is in the evening tomorrow, and by the time I get home, it will be almost time to turn around and go back for the morning class. It's worth it, though.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Not agreeing with your label on this post...idiot? I think not. Where others are idiots, maybe. :)

Glad you're having a fine week and that the weather is cooperating. Btw, is that a sugar maple? It looks wonderful...you're ahead of us with the leaves turning, but then again, I'm in no hurry.

Take care, sweets.