Monday, March 05, 2007

Little things that don't matter at all in the grand scheme of life, but still make me nuts

1. Friday, the guy who gets here at 6 a.m. and makes the first pot of coffee was on vacation. The woman who comes in at about 6:15 a.m. and would normally make it if he didn't was also off. I get in between 6:30-6:45, but haven't been drinking the office coffee for a while. I would have made a pot anyway, but the next coffee-drinking staff members don't arrive until 8 a.m, by which time the coffee would be well and truly stewed.

No one made coffee at all on Friday. The funny thing is the later-arriving staff members normally suck down a pot or two...but I've never seen them actually make it.

Can we say lazier than dirt?

2. People don't read e-mails. I answered someones question this morning with very clear, detailed instructions, including a link to the form she needed and instructions to send two copies of the form and the check to another office. She e-mailed a reply to me, asking how many copies of the form she should make, and where she should send the forms and check.

3. My own inability to focus. I am much too easily distracte...oooh! A butterfly! Where was I? Right. Distractions. There is multi-tasking, and there is running off in all directions at once. Guess which I seem to be prone to at the moment?

Oh - and
4. Who is it who leaves the drawers and cabinets hanging open in the kitchen area?

No comments: