Saturday, February 24, 2007

My friends are the bestest in the world

Our ladies' Bible study met this morning. Prior to the study, the v-blade snowplow had come down the center of the street, kicking up small piles of the 6 - 9" of snow that fell overnight. My car was plowed in, but as I told a friend as she was leaving, I could back up into the space she vacated, and power out through the ridge with no problem - I've done it many times before.

Thirty seconds after she drove away, the regular plow came through, taking care to get as close to the parked cars as he could. Snow up to the top of the wheel wells. Sigh. Grabbed the shovel, gloves and boots - to turn around and see that my friend had come back, and was shovelling out the front of my car. She saw the plow coming up the block, and wanted to help. Five minutes later, my car was cleaned, out of the plow-pile, and parked on the clear side of the street.

Heavenly Father, bless my friend as she goes about this day. This is such a clear reflection of Your character developed in her, as this is not an atypical gesture on her part. Her love and concern for people, her caring ministries and desire to come alongside and help allows people to see You through her. Encourage and strengthen her today, and continue the work You have begun in her.
In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: