Monday, February 26, 2007

The best laid plans

Nothing is turning out the way I envisioned it when I decided to take today off. A good deal of it is due to stuff entirely out of my control: the nasty, snowy, sleety, floody, grey weather and a set of sinuses that feel as if they are full of quick-setting cement. Most of the weekend to date has been spent sitting listlessly on the couch staring at a succession of bad movies, alternately dozing off with mouth slackly open, and frantically attempting to blow vast quantities of semi-solid crap out of my nose (unlike Jordana's kids, I don't view this as an opportunity for a snack. Although if I did, it would be more of a feast. I'm just sayin'.)

So far today, I've done about four small loads of laundry, finished three cryptic crosswords, made wild rice to use in soup, picked up the house and sat for a while reading the newspaper on-line with a hot caramel latte.

I want a nap.

The Puffs box is almost empty, however, so I'm venturing out for a bit. I need a different size sewing machine needle as well. The variegated thread I want to use is heavier than my usual brand: it won't fit through the eye of any needles I currently have. Not that I'll actually get to quilt, even though that was the original plan.

No comments: