In reverse order of both fun and priority:
clean one room a day.This is the big, once-a-year cleaning. So, I only pulled apart two rooms, but did do the regular cleaning for the rest. The house actually looks pretty good (even when the sun shines in!)
- Do the same for the pantry.
Sort through ALL clothes, dealing with them as appropriate.
Wash all washable curtains.Vacuum the drapes.
- Polish the silver (I actually enjoy doing this - strange, but true).
Balance any bank statements hanging around
Prepare and enter a 2007 budget
- Close out 2006 (obviously not until next week)
- Back up files
Put new insurance card in wallet (I said this was detailed)
Submit final 2006 flex reimbursement
Start new data table for 2007 Christmas cards
File the "file pile"
Go through file cabinet and have a shredding party
Pull year end retirement statements and update spreadsheet
- Call support for Acrobat(won't run, won't delete and won't update)
Figure out what's up with ipodIt really is a hardware problem and it needs to go in :^(
- Order printer ink
Fix antenna for the stereo
- Continue loading church directory info into the Palm
Miscellaneous other paperwork & stuff:
Thank you cards
Mail thank you cards
- Needles to Janis ( I haven't forgotten!)
- Get more stamps
Hang picture from Mom
- Renew library card
- Take mason jars to Goodwill
- Take old paint to city yards
Cook for freezer?
- Put together cookie jars
Work on both Bible studies
- Put final borders on Civil War and Irish Chain quilts
- Piece backings for Civil War and Irish Chain quilts
Finish quilting, bind and wash Pam's runner
- Press top of 1930's quilt
- Find and piece backing for 1930's quilt
- Layer 1930's quilt
- Quilt 1930's quilt
- Quilt, bind and wash 1930's quilt BEFORE Kara goes back to school
Quilt OTHER 1930's quiltClose enough to done to call this one
- Applique winter sweatshirt
- Make totebag for Grace
- Mess around with quilting software - design quilts to use up fabric stash
Just sit and go through quilt books
- Put together scrapbook of fall cabin trip
- Meet people for coffee/lunch/movies/shopping:
Debbie, Grace, Renae, Elyssa, Connie, Joy, Betty, Patty, Georgianne, Holly
- 40% off all fabric at QS in Genosee - Woo hoo!
- Go explore Trader Joe's again
- Have group over to play games
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Vacation is over...
So how did I do on the list? Not too badly, although I'm not entirely sure where all the time went. Lots of sleeping (I spent the first three days sick, just laying on the couch), lots of time with friends, projects taking more time than I expected, reading without having a time limit - stuff that can't be readily quantified.