Saturday, December 23, 2006

On the second day of Christmas vacation, my true love gave to me...


... a great Bible study and a rescheduled Christmas program rehearsal.

Have I mentioned how wonderful my Saturday morning Bible study ladies are? Well, they are. I learn as much from them as they from me, and we have a good time doing it. We were looking at Ephesians 4:7-16 this morning - what a healthy church looks like, and how our individual spiritual gifts should be used to bring the body to maturity.

Right afterwards Pam and I had to rush off to a rehearsal for the Christmas program that will be done tomorrow morning. I had thought it was at one...it was rescheduled for nine. It is very simple - a reading of most of the scripture associated with Jesus' birth, interspersed with songs. Everything is pretty laid back (the organist was only at the first practice, so none of us has really gone through our music with her, yet no one seems worried) and not concerned with perfection; rather, we'll do our best for God's glory, and if we hit a few clunkers in the process, it's all okay.

Then it was off to the grocery store, finally. In addition to normal supplies, I need the ingredients for a dessert called "Blushing Tiramisu" to take to dinner Christmas Eve. It's essentially a cheater tiramisu (angel food cake instead of ladyfingers, packaged cappuccino mix rather than fresh espresso, cool whip and cream cheese rather than mascarpone) with a home-made raspberry sauce. Yum. And NO baking. I'll let you know how it tastes.

No comments: