Friday, December 22, 2006

On the first day of Christmas vacation, my true love gave to me...


...lots of rain, a nasty cough and a house to clean before tomorrow.

Today wasn't part of the Christmas vacation plan, but I've felt so lousy all week that I finally just asked if I could take Friday off. I slept about ten hours (after I officially moved from the couch to the bed), and that helped. I haven't done much worth noting today - the one thing I planned to do was grocery shop. Since it's been pouring off and on all afternoon, I changed the plan. No sense getting all wet when I'm finally making progress on fighting this cold.

The mailman, however, brought an early Christmas present from Blockbuster Online: the last three DVDs of season five of 24. So I'm off to curl up on the couch with some homemade chicken soup and Jack Bauer (metaphorically speaking, at least in Jack's case)

No comments: