Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Can I cancel this day and start over?

  • Since I had to get up extra early this morning, the neighbors decided to have a patio party (right outside my bedroom) last night. Net hours of sleep: less than six.
  • The zipper on the black skirt I wanted to wear today has apparently bit the dust, something I didn't find out until 5:30 a.m. when I went to put it on. This necessitated a frantic dig through the closet for something else to wear, when I was already running a little late.
  • I went in the wrong gate at the Fair park, forcing some poor schmuck who was actually working at 6 a.m. to move a bunch of cones so I could drive around and get in the cream puff line.
  • The boxes for the cream puffs are huge, and only hold six. FYI, I can get eight boxes of cream puffs on the front passenger seat/floor of my car.
  • The boxes are not powdered sugar-tight; my black cloth seats now look a little...dusted.
  • Today's paper says that the IRL is moving back to its "traditional" date for their Milwaukee race - the week after the Indy 500. There is so much wrong with that statement, I don't know where to start. The bottom line is that Milwaukee appears to be off the 2007 Champ Car schedule (it is USAC/CART/Champ Car who have the long-running first week in June race in Milwaukee, not the IRL). Thus ends my sixteen year long streak of attendance at that race, and the era of Champ Car's road/street/super speedway/small oval versatility.
  • The coffee at the office is made, but is strong enough to choke a horse.

So, I'm going to go water down a cup of coffee and try to sort through the mess on the desk. At some point, I will get a second cup and a cream puff. At least I had the sense to wear a white blouse....

No comments: