Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bits and Pieces

  • I have Monday off. Whoo hoo!
  • My sweet friend and lady-in-waiting Holly came over for dinner, smoothies and a movie Thursday night. Hang in there, Holly - this season of life will soon pass!
  • I'm not yet completely sold on the smoothies, but I'm willing to experiment.
  • Our Bible study is going well. We finished up the list of all the blessings we have in Christ from Ephesians 1:3 - 14 yesterday. Great stuff!
  • Went to another friend's for a dinner party last night - ate way too much, enjoyed wonderful, stimulating conversation and was soundly beaten at rummy 500. For someone who deals all day, every day with numbers, I 'm lousy at any game that requires accumulating points.
  • Went to Panera after church today and ran into a whole bunch of people - nice to catch up.
  • The rest of today is devoted to serial laundry (one load after another, staggered in a very particular way...Just trust me on this - you get the laundry done in the least possible time, as long as you are committed to running up and down the basement steps when the timer goes off at 23 minute intervals), small appliance cleaning (coffeemaker and iron) and sewing on the never-ending wedding gift.
  • What does it say about me that I think Mr. Tumnus from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is kind of cute?
  • Our weather right now (highs in the mid/high 50s, sunshine and minimal breeze) ROCKS. It could stay this way all year, for my tastes.

No comments: