Thursday, March 16, 2006

The "Why am I suddenly hungry?" Thursday Three

Terry at Possumblog has promised to buy us snacks...er, wants to know about our snacking habits.

SNACK (n.)
{snăk; > ME snak = bite; > snaken = to bite; ? > MDutch snacken = to snap at}
1. A hurried or light meal.

2. Food eaten between meals.
3. The subject of today’s Axis of Weevil Thursday Three!

Since we had such an overwhelming response to last week’s sugar-infused T-Three, and since everyone loves a nosh, a nibble, or a bite between meals, the Thursday Three Editorial Board decided to produce yet another post along the same lines as the last one, except different, in order to keep things from being too dull. And repetitive. And redundant.

ANYway, this week’s questions are these here ones:

1) What are your THREE favorite sugary snacks?
2) What are your THREE favorite salty snacks?
3) What snack food do you dislike, even though everyone else raves about it?


1. By sugary, I'm assuming you mean "sweet". Here I'm the chocolate girl all the way. Hershey's Kisses with Almonds, peanut or regular m & ms, or chocolate covered peanuts. As I've grown older, my sweet tooth has gotten smaller, and I find I really like the sweet-salty combination.

2. Popcorn, Ruffles original potato chips, macadamia nuts.

3. Jelly beans, peeps, anything that's a new-fangled variation on old favorites and overly-sweet or sticky stuff does nothing for me.

We've really assumed here that these are traditional "snack" type foods, rather than candy/junk food choices. Bagels, yogurt, baby carrots with ranch dip, peanut butter on graham crackers and the like are really more common for my "snacks" - at least when I'm eating the way I should. In fact, fat free blueberry yogurt over fresh slice strawberries with a sprinkling of granola satisfies all my sweet/salty cravings. That is, when strawberries are in season here and not trucked in from California at $5.00 per pint.

Dang. Now I'm hungry.

No comments: