Monday, February 13, 2006

Bits and pieces kind of weekend

This was one of those weekends where you are sure you didn't really do much, but only because it was broken into little bits and pieces:

Friday - Met friends at the Mongolian BBQ. Exchanged very late Christmas gifts (I'm still working on one more), ate good food and generally had fun.

Saturday - Met another friend and went to breakfast.

My personal restaurant pet peeve: the bottomless coffee cup. Yes, I like my coffee hot. Yes, I will probably want at least one refill. No, I do not want the bus boy/waitress/host/assorted strangers asking me if I want more coffee every time I take a sip. It's much harder to figure out how much I've had. I only drink "leaded" coffee when I'm eating out; I don't see these coffee pushers coming over to keep me company when I can't sleep that night. Atlhough the restaurant is open 24 hours...

Same friend and I did go to the Mitchell Park Domes. My Friend Pam (not to be confused with Terry's friend Pam the Liberal) dries flowers and creates decorated candles, notecards and other things with them. She was very well-behaved: she picked up and pocketed only a few orchid petals that had fallen to the floor. The arid climate dome was actually quite cool, although that might be due to us entering it right after the very humid and warm tropical dome.

Sunday - The quest for a new church is continuing, but not at any great pace. This Sunday I went to the Church of Starbucks - I hadn't decided where to actually go to church that day, needed a latte, and had about a million of Alistair Begg's Truth For Life broadcasts downloaded on the ipod. So I sat, listened, read, journaled and drank. Popped a worship CD in the player and sang along on the way home. Pretty much a complete church service - singing, preaching, Bible reading and a coffee hour.

I know, I know - I really am working on finding a new church.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing little stuff - a Weight Watchers meeting, movie watching, a little cleaning, a little reading. Bible study Sunday night was awesome. We are currently in Romans 10, and I'll leave you with the meat of the chapter -

But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Romans 10:8-13 (NIV)

No comments: