Sunday, June 10, 2007

What did agoraphobics do before the internet?

Well, I'm assuming they could still catalogue shop, but they certainly would not have available to them the wide variety of goods and services that are only a click away today.

So, OK: I just finished a bit of an on-line shopping spree. It saves me the time, trouble and gas needed to make the trip to the mall (actually two separate malls, as I ordered from JC Penney and Sephora; Sephora is only at Mayfair, and Penney's is only at Southridge and Brookfield Square). I used the catalogues I receive (JCP must kill millions of trees per year) to make my choices; five minutes later, everything was on order and I have the confirmation numbers I need to track everything. Free shipping and delivery to my door - it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: