Thursday, January 04, 2007

So Fresh, So NEW! All New, Super Terrific, Two Thousand Seven, Axis of Weevil Thursday Three!

Via Terry -

1) What new thing would you like to attempt in the New Year? New?! The Princess of All Things Routine and Boring doesn't try new things unless new things are thrust upon her. Well, maybe I'll finally take advantage of the seven free credits per semester I have as a benefit and take a foreign language class in the fall (no, smarty-pants, English does not count as a foreign language).

2) What one new thing do you really, REALLY need (not want, but truly need) to have? A better paying job? In all honesty, I've been greatly blessed, and there isn't anything I urgently need at the moment.

3) What grungy old ramshackle thing do you have that you should replace with something shiny and new but just can’t bring yourself to make the switch? At the risk of sounding really strange - the slats holding the box spring/mattress on my bed. The bed is older than I (qualifies as an antique), an early-American maplewood head- and footboard. No big deal. The slats, however, are a smidgen too short for the width of the bed. If you toss and turn as I tend to do, they shift, and eventually loose their grip and fall off the rails. Invariably, this happens in the middle of the night. I'm quite an expert at determining (before I even get out of bed) which slat fell, and how to fix it without turning on the lights.

Why don't I replace them? Because my grandfather originally cut them, back when I wasn't even a twinkle in my parents' eyes. In some strange way, they provide a connection with past generations.

No comments: