Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Can you say that again in English, please?

Tuesday through Friday this week I'm spending all my time in "training" on the new, multi-million dollar fundraising software we are installing during the next fifteen months. While I'm familiar with and often use the current software package (it is amazing how many different systems I can get my hands into), there is always a terminology gap when you start using a new one. In this case, one name seems to fit all...there are "attributes" assigned to about a million different aspects of donor records, event management records, sponsorships and all the rest.

The trainer from the software company is a sweet young lady from Charleston, so listening to her is pleasant, no matter how dull the subject matter.

With luck, my brain won't bleed out my ears before the end of the week.

No comments: