Saturday, August 26, 2006

Stress relief

Several weeks ago a friend and I planned a "craft day" for today. We postponed her home-cooked birthday dinner due to unseasonably hot weather, so this craft day is at my place and includes her dinner. Cooking has always been a good stress reliever for me, and with the "craft" component of the event, it should be a great day all around.

The menu:

Pecan baked chicken
Steamed carrots
Baked potatoes with sour cream
Buttermilk bisuits
Chocolate Delirium Torte with raspberry sauce

The torte is a new recipe. Pam loves flourless chocolate cake; two years ago I told her I would make a different recipe every year for her birthday until we found the perfect one. This is techically not a cake but a torte, but still flourless, super easy and ridiculously rich. The only ingredients are chocolate, butter and eggs.

No comments: