Friday, July 14, 2006

48 minutes to Friday quitting time

I'm tired; I have too much work to do, none of which is appealing at the moment (none of which will go away if I ignore it); it is a beautiful day; the Thunderbirds have just started practice, buzzing the building regularly.

I want to go home.

Weekend fun -

Tonight - Grilled chicken and fixings at a friend's house, followed by card games and chatter. Need to pick up corn on the cob and fresh green beans to take as my contribution (Did you know Corn and Beans is the name of a quilt pattern? I specifically volunteered for these foods so I could remember them without a list!)

Tomorrow - Bible study early, for the first time since the end of May. My lesson plan has been done almost that long - need to get up early to review. Afterwards, a friend and I are going to an early lunch and out to a movie to celebrate her birthday. Cars, The Devil Wears Prada and Pirates of the Caribbean II are on my list - don't know what's on hers.

Sunday - Church, Sunday school, then serious hot-weather avoidance. It's supposed to be 96 and humid, and there's no air conditioning at casa ginosko. I like to go to Panera or Starbucks, grab a coffee and sit and read or work on a Bible study - I've even done some hand quilting. They only get annoyed if I drop off to sleep and start snoring.

There is all the usual stuff to be done - grocery shopping, a little laundry, a little cleaning. I'm at the beginning of piecing another smallish quilt top, so if the office/sewing room isn't too blazingly hot, I may sew a bit as well. At this rate I'll have a dozen quilt tops sewn by fall.

Now it's only 35 minutes to quitting time...

No comments: