Thursday, May 04, 2006

Simplicity itself

Something simple this week.

We’ve explored every possible topic known to humankind here on the Thursday Three, so sometimes it’s nice just to relax and ask some simple things.

So, here’s the AoW Model of Simplicity Version of the Thursday Three.

Please leave your answer in the comments below, or leave a link to your blog.

1. Who, beside your spouse, is your favorite person to go hang around with?
2. If you could only have one, would you pick a dog or a cat as a pet?
3. What part of your appearance would you most like to change?


1. My friend Pam. We share not only common interests, but common viewpoints on a lot of things. I can trust her completely, and feel as if I can share myself - all of me - without ever feeling as if I'm immediately being judged and dismissed. We can laugh together, talk about serious issues, or just hang out without saying much.

2. Cats are much more high maintenance for me, what with the umpteen million boxes of tissues, bottles of decongestants, allergy shots and trips to the opthamologist to have the creeping crud gunk taken out of my eyes that exposure to a cat generates in my case. And that's only after a couple of hours.

Dogs give unconditional love and affection, without engendering as much of the runny green snot that cats do. The whole not-literbox-trained thing can be a drag, which is why I prefer to be an honorary aunt to several friends dogs - all the fun, none of the fuss.

3. Losing weight (which I'm working on) eliminates most of the things I might immediately point to. When I think about it, however, I'm not particularly fond of my left ear. Where the top of the ear should gently curl over, mine is relatively flat. It may be from years of sleeping on my left side, or from all the whacks upside the head for stupidity, but no matter the cause, it's pretty flat.

No comments: